Recruitment privacy notice
What information is requested and why
AlphaPlus also gathers information to enable the monitoring of equal opportunities in recruitment. This information is provided voluntarily and stored separately. It is anonymised upon receipt and is not seen by personnel involved in the recruitment process. We request information about whether or not you have a disability so that we are able to make reasonable adjustments for any assessment/interview. We request information about criminal convictions and offences to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment legislation. We collect the following information about you in order to carry out our recruitment process:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- information about your current or last employer and salary
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK
- information about any professional memberships
- information about any languages
- information about referees, including name, contact details and relationship to you
- information proving your identity (passport and other identity documentation)
- information about any particular access arrangements you might require for example to attend interview.
We collect these data via email communications, the application form, CV and covering statement. If your application is successful we will also collect personal data about you from your referees and from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We will inform you when we are doing this. Information is also collected at interview and through other forms of assessment, including tests.
Storage and sharing of your data
If your application is unsuccessful or you withdraw your application, we will keep your data for 6 months after the conclusion of the recruitment process. Immediately after that point your data will be deleted. If your application is successful, the relevant personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained for the periods specified in the employee privacy notice.
You can obtain a copy of your data on request, require it to be amended, updated, deleted, or object to the processing of your data, free of any charge. You are not under any statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us. We request information required for the effective processing of your application only and if the information is not provided, AlphaPlus may not be able to process your application. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), www.ico.org.uk.
AlphaPlus Unit 109 Albert Mill, 10 Hulme Hall Road, Castlefield, Manchester, M15 4JY.