AlphaPlus has been contracted by the Scottish Government (SG) to deliver the National Standardised Assessments for Scotland (NSA). The assessments are designed to provide valuable diagnostic information to teachers on children’s progress in aspects of literacy and numeracy and take place in P1, P4, P7 and S3.
The Support Officers deliver training supporting the delivery of NSA. We are interested in hearing from current or recently retired teachers from Scottish schools who would like to be considered for possible future opportunities to join this team.
The appointed individuals will work as Support Officers to:
- Familiarise themselves with the NSA platform, assessments, and existing training courses.
- Contribute to reviewing / updating / revising these courses.
- Liaise with local authorities to identify/agree training delivery plans.
- Deliver the training courses to groups of teachers, both in online (webinar) mode and in face-to-face sessions.
All communication and training you will be involved in will be in English.
Essential requirements include:
- Qualified teacher (current or recently retired).
- Confident and effective trainer ideally with experience of delivering training to all levels of school staff.
- Familiar with Curriculum for Excellence and the literacy/numeracy outcomes and experiences and benchmarks at primary and/or secondary levels in Scotland.
- Teaching experience at primary or secondary level in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK or expertise in numeracy/literacy teaching or assessment.
- Experience in the delivery and use of the Scottish National Standardised Assessments (SNSA) or their Gaelic equivalents, Measaidhean Coitcheann Nàiseanta airson foghlam tron Ghàidhlig (MCNG).
Desirable requirements include:
- Using data to improve learning and teaching.
- Understanding of Additional Support for Learning and supporting learners with English as an Additional Language (EAL) in primary and secondary teaching.
- Experience of online delivery of training or teaching.
Timescales and Time Requirement
There is some flexibility in the hours of work, however much of the work will need to be carried out during the working week to fit with teaching and LA working times.
Some of the work, in particular the delivery of live training using either a digital first or face-to-face approach, will need to be conducted outwith the school day.
For face-to-face training delivery we would expect a Disclosure Scotland or DBS certificate. You will also need to travel to Scottish schools – expenses will be paid.
The rate of pay is £280 per day on an associate basis. As the project continues to develop, alterations to working arrangements may be required and as such the role reassessed under IR35 rules. For any determined employment status change, a salary will be offered that is reflective of the current market rate for employees in comparable roles.
What to do next
If this is of interest please send a copy of your CV, contact details and a short expression of interest by email to .