We support those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families – that’s why we’ve signed the Armed Forces Covenant and hold the Employer Recognition Scheme Bronze award.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
The principles of the Armed Forces Covenant are:
- that no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen; and
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
At AlphaPlus, we are committed to incorporating these principles into our policy. In practice, this means that we will:
- guarantee an interview for all job applicants who are ex-military personnel or reservists and can demonstrate in their application that they meet all entry requirements for the role;
- offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment; and
- support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible.