Office based – AlphaPlus, Castlefield, Manchester
Salary £40,000 – £65,000 (depending upon qualifications and experience)
Closing date Monday 22 February 2021 at noon
AlphaPlus has a new opportunity for a Head of the Project Management Office to be accountable for project management activities across the company, ensuring that projects are implemented to time, budget and quality, supporting a range of projects over their lifecycle, from planning to post-delivery evaluation, and supporting the production of bids for upcoming projects. The AlphaPlus PMO supports approximately 50 projects per annum that deliver a turnover of £4-5M.
AlphaPlus is an education service business specialising in standards, assessment and certification. We help our clients design, develop, deploy and evaluate qualifications and their underpinning assessments. Our work spans the public and private sectors, schools, colleges, vocational and professional learning.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable successful track record of experience in project management within the education sector.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven ability to collect and analyse information, solve problems and make decisions
- Analytical skills and ability to present a concise management summary of complex data
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment
- Recognition of the importance of excellent customer service
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Exemplary organisation / personal work management to be able to operate in a multi-project environment
- Commitment to learning and investment in own professional development.
Essential criteria include:
- A good honours degree or equivalent
- a strong and demonstrable track record in project management. Project management experience in the education, training or assessment sector is useful but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Budget development and oversight.
AlphaPlus is committed to ongoing learning and investment in its employees. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity and support to aim for achieving APM Chartered Project Professional status, if not already achieved.
The working days are Monday to Friday, primarily based in our Manchester head office (although Covid means there is currently limited office working), alongside our core team of 26 staff, and in addition drawing upon a team of approximately 350 associates.
The role may sometimes require some national travel, working in company and customer offices with the possibility of international travel. Benefits include 25 days’ holiday entitlement plus statutory holidays, a generous annual bonus scheme and pension scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity in a busy and fast-growing company. If you are interested in this job and consider you meet the criteria, we will be pleased to hear from you.
To apply, please send the completed application form together with a CV and covering statement setting out how you meet the criteria for this role, to by noon on Monday 22 February 2021. The CV and covering statement comprise important elements of the selection process. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant for completion.
AlphaPlus is committed to providing equal opportunities to all and has an inclusive approach to recruitment, selection and employment.
Demographic details requested as part of our monitoring process are not used in our selection process. You are invited to download and complete the equal opportunities monitoring form located here and return it encrypted to or by post, marked Confidential, to Tom Hooley, AlphaPlus, Albert Mill, 10 Hulme Hall Road, Castlefield, Manchester M15 4JY.