Chair of the Board
Part-time (up to a maximum of 60 days pa)
Rate of pay: £500 per day
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3 October 2018 at noon
AlphaPlus is seeking to appoint a part-time non-executive Chair of the Board. The individual we are seeking will have experience at a senior level in both education and the commercial world, ideally but not necessarily with knowledge of educational assessment.
The Chair will provide inspiration, leadership and direction to the Board in determining company strategy and monitoring the achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
Eligible applicants will have:
- comprehensive experience of operating successfully in a senior strategic leadership role with a substantial track record of high achievement throughout their career, securing partnerships and business opportunities, and delivering company strategy;
- several years’ experience at a senior level in the education management sector with a thorough understanding of the sector;
- experience of external representation, delivering presentations and management of a diverse range of stakeholders;
- significant experience of chairing meetings and events at a senior level;
- strong commercial and customer service awareness and experience in the sector.
They will be commercially aware, able to create opportunities and participate in activities to generate new business. The role may occasionally involve some national travel, with the possibility of international travel.
Informal enquiries are welcome. To arrange an informal discussion please contact Tom Hooley, telephone 0161 249 9249.
To apply, please send the completed application form together with a CV and covering statement to .
AlphaPlus is committed to providing equal opportunities to all and has an inclusive approach to recruitment, selection and employment. Demographic details requested as part of our monitoring process are not used in our selection criteria. Applicants are requested to download and complete the equal opportunities monitoring form and return it encrypted to or by post marked Confidential to AlphaPlus, Albert Mill, 10 Hulme Hall Road, Castlefield, Manchester M15 4JY.